Just upgraded my Comcast service that I have used for 3 years now. Went from 25 Mbps to 50 Mbps download speed. When I upgraded I had to go from an old Motorola SB5101 Cable modem which is Docsis 2 only to a new Wireless TECHNICOLOR tc8305c Voice and Data Modem which is supposed to be Docsis 3. I was downloading files at 3Mbps before the upgrade now all I get is a "Connecting to Peers" for any torrent I try to download. I use a Proxy Server which has always served me well, until the upgrade. What's funny is I do the connection test and get both green check marks but still the torrents won't start to download.

I'm running a Windows 7 Professional Desktop with Avast! Security Suite. Just installed new version. Was downloading fine for a few weeks with the new Antivirus have had no issues. The problem started when I upgraded the router. This is what I have done so far:

• Put my PC Ip address as the DMZ on the new Comcast Modem
  • Checked my Antivirus firewall and shut it off completely.
  • Disabled the firewall on the new Comcast Modem
  • Enabled P2P on the new Comcast Modem
  • forwarded all ports shown in uTorrent for my Proxy Server and for uTorrent on the new Comcast Modem
  • run a connection test in uTorrent got both green checkmarks
  • did a speedtest on my internet connection and found that my average download speed is around 45 Mbps and 5 Mbps Upload
  • Updated my Proxy Server with the new ISP IP address assigned to me

Is there any other testing that I can do maybe something that I haven't tried. If you could point me in the direction of a link that can help me fix this I would be forever greatful. It's obvious to me Comcast doesn't like us Torrent downloading folk.

Archived