Ability to disable deleting utorrent.lng from %ProgrammDIR%

Solid Snake

Dear Developers of utorrent. Can you add ability to disable deleting utorrent.lng from %ProgrammDIR%, when the programm installs language pack to %Application Data% programm directory? Another way is - using the copying, instead of moving.

Thanks for Support and Great Software!!!

can you describe the problem in more detail? I'm a bit confused by your description at the moment.

When i first time launch the utorrent from D:\UT directory with utorrent.lng and utorrent.exe on it, the *.lng file automaticly moved to %AppData%\uTorrent, but a want that file don't moved or deleted from D:\UT.

Ultima

Sorry for my bad English.

Ultima, Solid Snake is right.

When you have utorrent.exe in a directory and download the utorrent.lng and put it into this directory, it moves into the %AppData%\uTorrent directory (like FAQ also says) when you start utorrent. That has nothing to do with any settings.dat or so. Its a normal default action.

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#Is_there_any_foreign_language_support_for_.C2.B5Torrent.3F

PS: FAQ says, put the lng in the AppData dir, but when you put it into utorrent.exe-dir, it moves!

@schnurlos:

did a simple test with uTorrent 1.5, put uTorrent.lng alone with uTorrent.exe and an empty settings.dat in C:\uTorrent, after uTorrent starts i got everything(uTorrent.exe/uTorrent.lng/settings.dat/resume.dat/dht.dat) in C:\uTorrent.

this is what Ultima's previous post mean.

@Solid Snake:

create an empty settings.dat, if you wanna put every data files uTorrent needs in ONE directory.

simply "type>settings.dat" in command prompt.

Archived