utorrent leaking ip? (vpn)

Sharkyyy

I think there is a problem with the Open VPN connection and not with the uTorrent app. I would recommand to get a VPN monitor applications and see if you get disconnected during p2p downloading activity. If you want, VPN Watcher is giving away 10 lifetime accounts http://starvpnreviews.com/monitor-your-vpn-connection-with-vpn-watcher-10-free-lifetime-accounts-giveaway/

For some reason, both my ip's are showing in peers.
It's only showing in YOUR peer.
I think there is a problem with the Open VPN connection

You're wrong, bittorrent clients connect to themselves regularly and they have to connect using a local IP because it is impossible to go "out" and back "in" using the external IP.

• 6 months later...
For some reason, both my ip's are showing in peers.
It's only showing in YOUR peer.
I think there is a problem with the Open VPN connection

You're wrong, bittorrent clients connect to themselves regularly and they have to connect using a local IP because it is impossible to go "out" and back "in" using the external IP.

Does this mean that even if the test torrent from "whatismytorrentip" shows my ISP-given IP, when connected to PIA VPN, the outside world will not? I have tried everything. Still my ISP-given IP shows in uTorrent, when connected via VPN, or not.

Still my ISP-given IP shows in uTorrent, when connected via VPN, or not.

So which bit of

bittorrent clients connect to themselves regularly and they have to connect using a local IP because it is impossible to go "out" and back "in" using the external IP.

Needs explaining further?

Still my ISP-given IP shows in uTorrent' date=' when connected via VPN, or not.[/quote']

So which bit of

bittorrent clients connect to themselves regularly and they have to connect using a local IP because it is impossible to go "out" and back "in" using the external IP.

Needs explaining further?

Which bit of? The same IP shows wether I am connected via VPN, and when I am NOT. I am just wondering if the "copyright hunters", ISP, or whatever are seeing the same thing. Or do they see my "fake" IP? (VPN)

uTorrent CANNOT find your external VPN IP because it CANNOT send out a loopback request via the VPN, as VPNs do NOT have a loopback connector, whereas your ISP provided router apparently does.

And the answer to your problem is. ........ DON'T steal copyright material if you don't want to get caught!

Just to add some extra info.

If you are using a broadband router/modem uTorrent will show your LAN address (192.168.nnn.nnn) because of NAT routing, but if you are using a cable modem, 'dial up' modem or mobile broadband (phone or 'dongle'), uTorrent will connect to your ISP IP because a cable modem does no NATing.

Archived