uTorrent history diesappeared after crash

iroveashe

I like to keep my uTorrent history complete, clean and organized, but after a crash all the torrents are missing. The torrent files are still in the Applications data folder, and some of the downloaded files are still in my hard drive.

I've searched this forum but all I could find was how to back up to prevent this, but no answer to whether it can be fixed or not.

There's the manual way, which is just adding all the torrent files back into the client, but the problem is i used to download a file, seed for a while, then put the torrent on complete status and delete the files. If I manually add all the torrents again I'll have them forever in stopped status, rather than complete. There's no harm in that, but I also lost all the tags which kept everything organized. On top of that, all my newly added torrents are downloading very slow (uploading at normal speed) and have red icon.

Does anyone know of an easier way to resurrect the history?

How many resume.dat(.old) are present in folder %appdata%\utorrent?

What's their size?

If there is one resume.dat.old, you can rename it into resume.dat.

Close µT and save a copy of the current resume.dat before doing that.

If this resume.dat is not corrupt, µT can resume your torrent jobs.

If not, folllow http://www.utorrent.com/documentation/migrate

There is:

Resume.dat.1.bad 148KB

Resume.dat.2.bad 343KB

Resume.dat.old 247KB

Resume.dat.old.1.bad 229KB

I've tried with both resume.dat.old and nothing changed. I'll follow the link now, thanks.

EDIT: I just followed the guide, and got back all the torrents, but they are in the downloading category. Is there any way to list them as complete, without having the downloaded files rod all of them?

Archived