better way to move things up and down the queue?

Thanks for a wonderful torrent program to all of you who work so hard! I switched over from Vuze because this one is so much faster, so much lighter, and so much easier to use (although it's still in beta/alpha phase).

That being said, I just have one question/suggestion: is there a better way to organize the queue other than the right-click > move up/down queue? I know it's my fault for not clicking on the torrent files in the order I wanted them downloaded, but maybe an icon or some method which will allow me to move files up and down the queue would make my wrist feel much happier.

Thank you for this, and keep up the good work! ^0^

• 2 months later...

In the version I have, there's big UP and DOWN arrows on the end of the top menu bar. Still, if you have a ton of torrents and you want to move one up to near the top, you end up clicking this button a million times. In Vuze you just drag the selected torrents to wherever you want them - works very nicely.

I didn't know I could hold ctrl and move up and down, handy but.. I happen to use uTorrent on my living room's tv set and I operate the mac mini mainly via mouse (mostly to launch xbmc, then switch to its tiny remote). I maintain that a couple of move up/down buttons in the toolbar would be the best solution at the moment.

By the way, it is possible to select multiple torrents then right-click and move them all at once as someone was suggesting being able to do with Azureus. It's just not very practical to have to right-click the selection and initiate the up/down move from there. Drag and Drop would be neat too.

• 10 months later...

By the way what takes so long in implementing move up/down queue buttons or drag and drop. It should take 5 minutes, make a build and then a million people lay their guns and knives down, birds start chirping, the sun comes out and babies sleep easy at night. Basic features that make using the program a million times easier should be implemented first right? I mean come on.

• 7 months later...
Right click on the torrent and you'll see options to move up and down.

Or you can hold Ctrl and use the arrow keys, as HenryH suggested.

It only works if you haven't selected a sort via the # column, which is normally hidden.

This no longer works in Mac OSX 10.7+.

There is a definite need for UP/DOWN arrows like there are in the Windows version.

You can select a group of torrents and hit the up or down arrow a couple of times to prioritise them. In Mac uTorrent, you cannot do this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I literally just made an account to post my solution... I was looking for help to this question too and when I found this thread I tried the ctrl+up/down that was mentioned, but it didn't work on lion... However, for those of us using lion, ctrl+cmd+up/down DOES work!!

I did the same thing but you beat me to it! That key-combo DOES work in Lion with either single or multiple torrents selected.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived