Bulk moving files (setting download location for multiple torrents?)

YLSF

I am looking for a way to move my torrents after a certain length of time to another directory. I have been having to do it manually for each torrent instead of being able to select like 10 different torrents and set the download location one time for all of these torrents. Is there a way to do this? When I select a bunch of different torrents and do the "set download" location it will pop up each time asking me which folder I want to set. And because of the file browser that comes up it doesn't remember the last location I set either so I have to browse through all of the directories to get to the correct one.

I have been searching on this forum but I haven't seen anyone really discuss my particular issue. I see that "Relocate" has been added to the latest utorrent but it seems to work on the "file tab" vs working at the torrent listing level.

So, is there something I am missing or a way around this issue? I would like to be able to quickly bulk move files and not have to either manually tell utorrent for each folder or find some kind of quicker way to do this.

thanks

• 1 year later...
Use the freeware BEncode Editor (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306) and edit the file resume.dat, there is a text editor and function 'find/replace'. Back up the file before editing it.

Thanks this is good for if the files are moved to a different drive/folder and you need to update the resume.dat file to find them but the OP (and myself) want to move a group of torrents into a different directory without confirming each one. We would have to move them then search through the resume.dat file to edit each one which is more effort than the current system of choosing the new folder in each dialog box in utorrent.

• 1 month later...

In fact I just figured how to do this, is really easy :lol:

Put all your files into your new download folder/drive, remove all torrents from utorrent, then go back to the folder where you put the files and sort by type and drag all the .torrent files in to utorrent and then select all of them in utorrent and force recheck and it will update all the torrents and even move them to the completed folder if you have selected on ;)

Archived