Two hard drives to store and seed?

Snoopy1966

Hello,

I have an external hard drive where I am currently storing all my torrent files. My space is getting limited now and I was wondering if I am able to put new files on my internal hard drive and I will be able to seed/store from both external and internal hard drives? Thanks for any help.

Hello,

I have not had any problems with transfer rate or anything like that with the external hard drive. How can I direct µtorrent to something new I want to upload on my internal hard drive? You have the folder option in where you choose to have torrents stored in. Do I uncheck that box and manually direct each torrent from now on then? I think this is what I need to do, but I am not sure. No default folder for anything, direct torrents to where they are stored to seed or save, correct?

Thanks

In the options tab, then prefereneces, then folders. I have checked the box in 'Location of Downloaded Files' and made a default folder where to store a new file when I download it. Do I uncheck that box now and direct µtorrent to where I want files saved and or seeded now if I use two hard drives now? With the default folder box checked it does not ask me where I want files stored since I have made the default folder location. Does that help any?

I have that box checked. What I want to know is, I have the files saved to my external hard drive now by checking the box I mentioned in my previous post. It automatically saves to that folder without asking me where. Do I need to uncheck that box so I can choose where I want things stored or seeded using the two hard drives? Files will be in two different locations now, and is this how I can get µtorrent to know where I have the files stored?

If the torrent is still in the list, and the file was relocated, right click the torrent, Advanced > Set Download Location...

(lol sorry if it seems like I'm giving you the run-around... I'm a bit confused by your explanation, but I often get confused xD)

Where is this option? I can not seem to find it.

OK the best way I can ask about my question is: How do I use multiple folders and hard drives to store and seed torrents. Thanks for your help. Sorry if I am not explaining what I want properly. Hopefully this last question will help out.

Archived