Start/Stop buttons don't quite work, at least not as they used to, v3.4.1

Tensk

First of all, I've been searching the forums but haven't found anything like this so, if I've missed it, I'm sorry in advance  :rolleyes:

The program said there was a new update which would make things better (don't they always?) and I installed it. Now I find that there's no "pause" button (it's ok with me, I hardly used it but...) and the Stop and "Play" buttons act weirdly.

If a torrent is active, then they work just fine. But if the torrent if Queued (at least at Queued seeding, haven't tried downloading anything new yet), then the Stop button doesn't change the torrent status from Queued seed to Finished as it should and used to, it keeps saying Queued seed. Of course, the Play (although the icon has changed to a kind of "download" button which I particularly find incorrect since you may want to stop and then continue with already downloaded files so they are seeding now...), again, the Play button is greyed so you can't "undo" the allegedly "stopped" torrent since it seems nothing has changed.

But it's not like that, I've been playing around a bit and found that those torrents are actually stopped, only that the UI doesn't show that. I have 5 torrents seeding now, with 3 as the number of choice for that matter and two in the queue, I've tried stopping one (with no effect that could be seen on the screen) and the other was left as is. Then I went and stopped all the others, which would cause those two queued to change into "seeding" mode as there are more than enough free slots for them. But it only happens with the one that I didn't previously stopped. The other one remains as Queued seed until I right-click on it, press "Force start" (because the "Start" option is also greyed in the right click menu) and then I can click on Start (be it the button or the right click menu) so it doesn't grant an extra seeding slot.

I hope I have explained myself. Thank you in advance. 

EDIT: I've been testing a bit more and it seems it happens when the file is not doing anything, I mean, I had this torrent seeding but, at the moment, it was at 0, so utorrent said it was doing nothing in terms of speed. If I tried and stop it, then the same as with the previous example happened. I hope that helps... thank you.

I have the same problem, thought it was just me.   

In the background, the torrent does do what you select but the screen does not refresh, i think.

I also have another issue where the torrent 'view' selection between 'downloading/completed/active' etc does not refresh the screen.   

I was starting to think it was just me.

Not only the screen does not refresh, the interface (both on top menu and on "right-click"/context menu) does not notice this change, so you only are left with the "Force (start)" in case you did press Stop.

I don't have your other issue though, it works fine to me.

Ideas anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Same here with 3.4.1 build 30888 the "stop" button doesn't work with queued torrents, however it does if you use the "pause" button right after. Also, the program loses the focus of the torrent every time you change its position within the queue (ex. the steps from 5 to 1).

EDIT: Now using the latest 3.4.2 (build 31893) [32-bit] and the same problems are still here. This is horrible...

• 7 months later...

Same in version 3.4.2 34309 the problem remains.

There is a workaround to this. AFTER pressing stop, right-clicking the torrent and selecting pause from the contex menu updates the GUI and the torrent becomes stopped.

Note that for me selecting pause on the queued torrent before clicking stop, pauses the torrent normally.

Archived