I can't download torrents anymore!

pskim

I need some answers but I couldn't find any for my problem. I switched my ISP a few days ago, supposedly for a faster download and upload. It is fast when I tested for speed but since yesterday my torrents came to a dead stop. There are plenty of seeders and peers but utorrent just can't get any seeders do download. I tried another client but the result was the same. Is the problem with my ISP? I searched all over the net but I couldn't find any answers. I am an expat living in Japan. If anyone can shed some light to my problem it would be great.

Did you get a new router with your new isp? It's possible that you just need to open a port on your router so utorrent can connect to peers...to do this you typically have to go to your router's network address (192.x.x.x, ie. 192.168.0.1) in a web browser, the default login/password is usually admin/admin or admin/password. Of course it's also possible I've insulted your intelligence by mentioning this possibility, in which case my apologies. I also dunno much about internet service in japan, but it's plausible they they monitor/prevent p2p traffic, albeit unlikely unless it's through a school or university or something.

Archived