3,2 ignoring upload limit

otaku-san

I've never come across this problem in previous versions, but since updating to version 3.2, uTorrent completely ignores any manually assigned upload settings. I've looked at the setup guide, and tried a wide variety of settings to determine the cause. I've even set each individual active torrent to 2 kB/s with the number of upload slots set to 1, but to no avail. With the global upload setting at 5kB/s, and the individual active torrents set as previously mentioned, I had one torrent running at an upload speed of 165.3 kB/s, another at 33.8 kB.s, and a third at 22.2 kB/s, before assigning upload slots and limits per torrent. After assigning per torrent, they're running an average of 10% of the of what they were, 16.5 kB/s etc., which still exceeds the combined global setting that I'm accustomed to in previous versions.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 with UAC off and Windows firewall running. I browsed the registry, but I didn't see any values referring to bandwidth limits, but I could have missed it, I guess. I've checked, unchecked, and re-checked DHT, DNA, uTP, etc., but so far only assigning by individual torrents has made any significant difference. Any idea why individual torrent settings, under Properties, is getting better results than global settings?

Ok, right now my upload speed is averaging 200 kB/s with seven torrents running, but only 2 torrents are taking up all the upload bandwidth, even while each are individually set for 1 kB/s and 1 upload slot. Max Upload rate is 1, alternate 5, both kB/s. Both apply settings are checked, Connections, Global: 200, Max Peers: 50, Upload Slots Per Torrent: 1. (I believe this is the default.) I tried Global: 50, Peers: 30, Upload Slots: 1, but all the torrents stopped running after a few minutes.

I'm not familiar with uploading screen caps, so any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful and appreciated.

Also, as a troubleshooting step, I would really like to uninstall and re-install uTorrent, but I don't know how to backup the torrent information already loaded into uTorrent. I know where the uTorrent folder is in the app folder, but I don't want to accidentally over-write a good file with a corrupt one by simply replacing everything. I'm not sure if it's related, but I did notice after a previous restart of Windows that certain settings I had manually assigned had reverted back to the defaults. Windows might have performed some type of start-up repair, which may have corrupted the settings. Check Disk only does so much, so I'd really like to perform a repair or clean install of uTorrent before wasting anyone's time. Unfortunately, I don't know how to backup and restore the current torrents, if a repair installation isn't an option.

Archived