Torrent Errors: Not enough space on the disk" and "Element not found"

nweissma

80% of 15.1 gb dl when starts to appear the first popup:

Torrent Error: there is not enough space on the disk (this is an erroneous message)

and later, after a force start, a second popup appears:

Torrent Error: Element not found

this second appears periodically, sometimes frequently.

any thoughts?

you are correct - i forgot to mention that important fact. the filesystem is fat32.

i forced re-check to cure the first stop but now uTorrent invokes re-check spontaneously from time-to-time.

i also invoked force start at least twice to cure the first few stops

now i just press the green arrow to restart and it stays alive for a while.

i also forgot to mention that this dl is close to dead, with an availability of 0.999 (pity because it's a tremendous effiort by the uploader). and i will also mention that these stops have never happened with previous partial dl's of this massive file

yes, i am in fact skipping many files. as i said, the file is a massive 1423 files and 134,316MB. i first dl'd only those that i recognized and a few unknowns. but after i realized the uploader's taste and the pricelessness of his ul, i dl'd the skipped files.

why will these lacunae cause this problem? is there a remedy? -- these "element missing" stops are now appearing rapid-fire

your last post requires a translator.

"manually delete overlapping files" == ?

"partfile on a FAT32 partition" == ?

"unskip all files" = ?

"unskip all files and force a re-check" = ?

"convert to NTFS if you are able" == you mean now; won't that erase the 85% [13GB] already dl'd?

"manually delete overlapping files" == ?
If you went to the download folder and deleted the placeholder files (either the files you've skipped or the utorrentpartfile file) you will have directly caused the error
"partfile on a FAT32 partition" == ?
If you're configured to use the partfile (which is the current default) and you skip enough files, you WILL exceed the per-file limit of FAT32 and cause this error in this manner.
"unskip all files" = ?
Download the entire torrent
"unskip all files and force a re-check" = ?
Enable all files, stop the torrent, force a re-check on it.
"convert to NTFS if you are able" == you mean now; won't that erase the 85% [13GB] already dl'd?

No. - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307881/en-us

If you went to the download folder and deleted the placeholder files (either the files you've skipped or the utorrentpartfile file) you will have directly caused the error
why would someone do this?
If you're configured to use the partfile (which is the current default) and you skip enough files, you WILL exceed the per-file limit of FAT32 and cause this error in this manner.
this is a good candidate for the cause of the problem. how can i ascertain whether i exceeded this limit, and if i did then can the error be cured?
Download the entire torrent
not an option.bc it's much too big. what about contiguous large segments (12-15GB eg)?
Enable all files, stop the torrent, force a re-check on it.
i don't understand what you mean by "enable all files" but intuitively it sounds like an option -- how do i do this (without losing the 85% dl'd thus far)
thanks for this. great stuff -- if it works: both ms and linux have been known to promise the moon and the stars and deliver scorched earth

Archived