AP2P hits from peerblock on a fresh installation. wtf?

Cedrick1

Hi, I formatted My seedbox today, Now that I have it running again with a fresh copy of server08.. I installed malwarebytes, Chrome, Utorrent and Peerblock and havn't done anything else but install those.

Now when I restart I get hits from peerblock saying its blocking various IP's from universities and Ap2p, from the random Utorrent port. Why is this so?

Is anyone able to explain why this happens?

wtfap2p.jpg

My point is, why is it even connecting to these IP's as the processes trying to do so is Services.exe and svchost.exe and if the connection had anything to do with windows why is it trying to use the utorrent port.

EDIT: when I got peer block to show all IP's being allowed there was thousands, and utorrent had downloaded like 50kb then I realized DHT was on.

...but still...Services.exe? instead of utorrent.exe? wtf.

either way all good now.

Post again for the bump:

when I got peer block to show all IP's being allowed there was thousands, and utorrent had downloaded like 50kb then I realized DHT was on.

...but still...Services.exe? instead of utorrent.exe? wtf.

either way all good now.

---

Looks like your view on ip blocking software is a bit too bleak, yes it does block some things that are good, however in my case theres nothing good to block as I don't browse on this machine. but currently there has been NO blocked things when windows starts up once DHT was turned off.

Archived