Number of Seeders/Leachers to number downloading from

muffinman2001

Im sorta new to torrests so im looking for a bit of help, say with files im downloading have 10 seeders and 50 leechers (in brackers) im only seeming to then get about a third of that figure in the peers box, and then only about 10% i usually download from them, so im usually lucky to have downloads from 4 people at oversily slow speeds, is there a particular setting that i need to change or is this just how bit torrents work?

it would be greatly apprecated for any help

cheers

You usually download from more if you're uploading at a fast rate to lots of people.

However if you try uploading to LOTS (using lots of upload slots) and your upload speed is so slow that most are getting less than 1 KB/sec from you...they may ignore you instead of giving you anything in return!

i have connected to 25 peers in my current download, looking at the peer downloads they are recieving 40+kbs while i am recieveing only a couple, and my entire upload width is not being used, usually it is, but im not uploading anything at the moment

theres speed in the torrent coz others are getting it, so there must just be a problem with me somewhere...

When you're not uploading as fast as your connection allows, there's almost always a big problem somewhere.

It could be the other peers have everything you have, thus you have nothing to upload to them.

It could be the peers you could upload to are all firewalled and so are you.

Or your ISP has throttled your BitTorrent traffic.

It might even be your 'branch' of the ISP's network has too many people using too much bandwidth. (This can even be true of A/DSL lines because they often share the same internet gateway at the ISP's local office.)

Archived