Cannot Uninstall uTorrent

Dark0

Hey everyone,

I cannot seem to uninstall uTorrent at all - tried using the windows PROGRAMS and FEAUTRES as well as CCLEANER UNINSTALL - on windows it tells me I don't have sufficient rights, but I my account is the admin account and I have no issues with any other software whatsoever and the ccleaner uninstall gives me some error - I have screen shots and will add them to this post as soon as I get home.

Also what started happening recently is the following:

I reinstalled my pc with win 7 64 bit and installed the latest uTorrent from this site - everytime I clicked on a torrent to download, it would tell me there is a version 3.46 and 3.47 installed (but I only installed one version) and that I should use version 3.46 rather then 3.47 - if I click yes to this, it will not work at all - if I repeat the process and click no, it will open uTorrent and everything will work fine.

Could you please assist so that I can remove it completely and then I will install a fresh copy?

Thanks

Opening or Starting uTorrent.png

Opening uTorrent 2.png

CCleaner Uninstall.png

Uninstall Safe Mode.png

• 2 months later...

I sorted it...

Go to   HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\uTorrent

For display icon,     type "C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe",0

Uninstall line,          type "C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe"/UNINSTALL

Install line,              type C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

You'll be able to install it fine then. However, if you reinstall, you'd need to put in the same registry values as above, otherwise it won't show in your programs/add/remove list!

Hello Gelbs,

I have come here today with a similar problem to Darko's, that you seem to have solved.

My problem differs in that I can see an icon of Utorrent in the place on my toolbar that indicates which programs are currently running however, nothing happens when I click on it; it is a 'dead' button. This prevents me from opening Utorrent or installing the latest version. Also, I cannot uninstall this version from Add/Remove because...I am told my computer is busy dealing with something else (of what I no not as I have not done anything!) 

I've been using Utorrent for 9 years, almost everyday! Never a single issue! Anyway...

The line of code that you suggested looks promising. I have fixed other problems some time ago following the code as such of a much more experienced user.

Could you tell me...Should I follow your instruction as well?

If so, where exactly do I type this line of code?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Muslynger.

Hi Mudslynger.

You need to go to the registry, regedit.exe, and find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\uTorrent

Then follow the instructions above in my last posts. Have you tried control, alt and delete, to shut down say, uTorrent? Then try uninstalling. Or failing that, try uninstalling via safe mode!

Mine works fine now. At least it seems that way!

Archived