problem with ports

neue ziel

Hi, I decided to use utorrent but it is not downloading rigth, in the logger option it is a mesage with "unable to map UPnP port " so I went to the "speed guide" and it told me the following :

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port "port number" on "my IP"...

Warning! Port "port number" can not be checked. Your browser is setup to connect through a proxy. This script will not work through proxied connections.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information if you need to map a port.

but the next problem is that I dont have a firewall and as far as I know I don't have a router also, I use a motorola SB5100 cable moden (http://broadband.motorola.com/noflash/sb5100.html) I have a 200kbps upstream and 65kbps downsteam conection so I don't know what to do, thanks

well I'm not using a firewall right now and when I subscribe to my internet they just gave me that surfboard modem, this problem is happening to my computer afew monts ago, I used to donwload using utorrent whitout problem and now I don't know what is happening

well it has a blue arrow and is placed as an inactive torrent, it has 2 seeds 16 peers and I am conected to the 2 seeds and 5 peers but the download speed in 0.0 KB to 1 KB, I also have another torrent but this is complete so I am triying to seed this one but it is not conecting to any of the 113 peers, I tried changing the port but it shows me the same mesage of

"Warning! Port "port number" can not be checked. Your browser is setup to connect through a proxy. This script will not work through proxied connections."

and whit all the ports I tried it keep the unable to map UPnP port on the logger menu.

well my problem is that when I use the "speed guide (ctrl + g)" and then "test if port is fowarded propertly " it keeps saying me :

"Warning! Port XXXX can not be checked. Your browser is setup to connect through a proxy. This script will not work through proxied connections."

and that is what I want to avoid or is that normal ??

• 2 weeks later...

hi all help me please,

i have the same problem but pc connect throug proxy and my status bar light is red .................

i'm new and have no knowledge to this µTorrent or even a torrent. after installed succesfully then Speed Guide pop appear, run the speed test and came up with xx/384k connection type, test port and these following message appear in my browser (Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4) running in Win98SE:

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port "port number" on "my IP"...

Warning! Port "port number" can not be checked. Your browser is setup to connect through a proxy. This script will not work through proxied connections.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information if you need to map a port.

is this meant that i cannot run µTorrent behind proxy? and what is portforward? i went to www.portforward.com just to know that i get more confuse than before.

meanwhile my status icons shows the torrent is downloading, but availability have a red colored bar.

advance option status in default except

bt.enable_tracker *true

UPnP port mapping & DHT disabled

emelyuk said: "after installed succesfully then Speed Guide pop appear, run the speed test and came up with xx/384k connection type, test port and these following message appear in my browser (Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4) running in Win98SE"

Since you're on Win 98SE like me, you need to reduce Global connections and max connections per torrent in µTorrent to no more than 100.

I've set mine to 90 Global and 40 per torrent. ...and I seldom have more than 2 torrents going at once. (When I do, they're usually seeding. :D)

Setting up µTorrent for your internet connection

Testing your connection speed Done

Setting µTorrent for your speed Done

Tweaking the upload speed Done

Enabling Protocol Encryption Done

Authorizing µTorrent in your firewall Skip since i have no firewall install on my pc

Trying it out yellow triangle status bar light which route me to Speed Guide and have to port forward go to http://portforward.com and the guide say i have to configure router which i can not since have no access. :(

Resolving a NAT problem Done

Using UPnP

Manually forwarding a port Can not be done

Selecting a port Can not be done

Setting up a static IP Done

Forwarding your port in the router Can not be done

use the ubuntu-6.06-desktop-i386.iso torent

as result of availability = a red bar;

as result of transfer = seed 0 of 0 connected (528 in swarm);peers 0 of 187 connected (68 in swarm)

as result of tracker status = working

is there a way around this port forward?

ups i'm sorry i get it

Two common mistakes made by BitTorrent newbies

The two most common mistakes made by BitTorrent newbies are not forwarding ports and not seeding torrents.

If you don't forward your ports and don't allow µTorrent full access on your software firewall (if you have one), you will not get the most out of BitTorrent (this page explains why). You can get help on port-forwarding at portforward.com, and some (slightly technical) information is available at Brian's BitTorrent FAQ and Guide (note that µTorrent does not use 6881-6889, nor should those ports be used).

Seeding is where you leave your BitTorrent client open after you've finished your download to help distribute it (you distribute the file while downloading, but it's even more helpful if you continue to distribute the full file even after you have finished downloading). Chances are that most of the data you got was from seeds, so help give back to the community! It doesn't require much - µTorrent will continue seeding until the torrent is removed (right click the torrent, then hit Remove). However, it is important to be aware that while seeding, µTorrent is uploading using your internet connection, and if your internet service provider limits the amount you may upload in a given period, you may wish to monitor how long you seed torrents for.

is it true?

Ultima said "you can't get around port forwarding if UPnP doesn't work, at least not until NAT traversal is implemented"

meaning...........?

i still have hope? by implementing NAT traversal? how?

i've planned to installed port trigger from port forward, what does it do exactly? does it help me much or not?

fyi: my external IP address is 222.124.22x.xxx always changes

Big Thanks to everyone that've made me learn new things today. everyone.......

Archived