Utorrent Port Forward for the 7404VGP

havoxz

It's getting lower and lower every time you test? Didn't PCPitstop say 184kbit/s earlier...? Test a few times, and post the average. From the looks of it, you might have to select either xx/96k or xx/192k or anything in between, but we need to be sure.

And if you can, select a server closest to you when you test... these speed testing servers are located in the US (mostly), which is kinda far from Australia =T

My bad... I didn't notice that the test you linked to was in KB/s, not kbit/s (stupid applet writes kbps, which is kbit/s)... In that case, it looks like PCPitstop is incorrect. It would appear you have an 8mbit/640kbit line. Select xx/640k in the Speed Guide.

ok guys, im getting ~100kb/s max; sometimes ~150kb/s on a good day on utorrent with my 24 mbps adsl2 with the settings on

xx/640k

been pretty good so far but i was wondering if i could reuse this thread to ask others what they get on adsl2? (or similar speeds?)

cheers

Assuming you have a green light, and the OpenOffice.org and/or Ubuntu torrent run quickly, then everything should be fine. You can't really have any expectations of speed when it comes to BitTorrent. At any rate, those speeds look fine to me :P

As for reusing this thread... I'd say no, as it's offtopic, and people who have the same problems as you might get lost looking through this thread. Best to start a new thread in the Chat forum.

Sidenote: I didn't know you had ADSL2+... you only said ADSL earlier, so I assumed you meant the regular one that maxes out at 8mbit/s.

yeah im very happy with these speeds; just wanting to compare with other users?

a good idea for starting a new thread, ill do it tomoro as its very late right now

yeah i have adsl2+ lol, sorry for not mentioning, 24mbit/s? :P

Archived