Upload Speed Problem

skylaar

Version 1.5 worked great... I updated to 1.6 and everything looked ok. My light was even green and the port forward test passed. Later in the day I noticed that I was not uploading at all. My download worked great but peers would connect for a second and then they would disappear. I tried a different port... checked my router... everything seemed ok except the upload.

I am now using a different client : ( on that very same port with no changes to the PC or the router and things are working great. It is almost like I am using Utorrent 1.5 again. I am not sure what changed in 1.6 to cause this problem. I am currently seeding 5 torrents and all 5 show on an off activity throughout the day with the other client. I can shut down the other client and then start up Utorrent and the upload will sit at 0... shut down Utorrent and restart the other client and upload climbs back to 32k.

Connection: 6000000 x 384000

Router: D-Link 4300 Gaming

I have seen a few other posts that stated they had the 4300 Dlink and were experiencing similar problems. I just could not find them again today to add my problem. I disabled the UPnP because that was not working with 1.6 like it did with 1.5. I tried running with and without DHT also. Default settings worked great with 1.5... it is just since the upgrade to 1.6 that I am having problems. I would like to use Utorrent over another client if I can get it working again.

Skylaar

I removed the rule completely and tried switching ports... same problem. I have also tried with UPnP and DHT both enabled/disabled and then one of each on... Also enabled/disabled UPnP on the router as well. I went through both speed and troubleshooting forums looking for anything. I really want to use Utorrent but since the tracker will only allow 1.6, I am forced to use a different client. Everything would appear to be a go... port tested, green light, downloading works great.

As far as clients, I am just a novice and don't feel the need to play around with the default settings of advanced items. I could understand getting involved with those if I was trying to squeeze every last drop of upload out of my connection. I just dont get it though... 1.5 was a dream. The UPnP even worked great with my router with 1.5. *sigh* Speed is not a huge issue but I do need to upload to participate. So for now I am stuck with the other client.

I will try completely removing it and then reinstalling. I am using port forwarding in the router. I would try to take the router out of the equation but I also have a laptop I use through the wireless so the router is necessary. The fact that the other client works flawlessly with the same settings makes me point to the problem being within Utorrent. As stated before, there are a few others that have had problems with the Dlink Gaming router and 1.6. Perhaps I will just have to wait for 1.7.

I use all the default settings for xxx/384... Ok, last night I uninstalled and then reinstalled and still had problems. I then uninstalled utorrent again and used a registry cleaning program... reinstalled and now 1.6 is working. The UPnP still doesnt work but I am happy that I can use 1.6 again and have it upload.

Thx to those that tried to help, it must have been something left in the registry.

Archived