D3D9.dll

RoyalShrubber

File Monitor (from sysinternals.com) shows that µTorrent is constantly requesting D3D9.dll file from system32 folder.

I don't know why should µtorrent need dll related to directx 9, first I thought it was related to my customized desktop theme, but then every program would be requesting that file + changing theme to classic does not change anything.

So why does µTorrent keep requesting the same file over and over?

True, I just found the reason - ATI Tray Tools (3D tweaking app). It somehow forces µTorrent to do that. I also did some research - ATI TT somehow force running µTorrent in requesting d3d9.dll and after you close TT µTorrent will stop requesting. Also if you kill TT process µT will stop requesting, meaning that probably TT rather forces µT trough some door (I don't know how) than inject code into the process.

I don't know if fixing that problem has any point since TT also influences on other apps (but less frequently) and the problem is in TT - but maybe adding it into FAQ to inform others about cause for such unusual behavior wouldn't be bad idea :P .

Archived