No incomming connections

wbeyea

Everything was working fine until yesterday. All of a sudden, I have no incomming connections. Nothing was changed on my router and no new software was installed on my pc. I even did a system restore to friday when everything was working fine but thid didn't achieve anything. I am also unable to download using Azereus. Is there any way that I can test to see if my ISP has anything to doe with this? What should I be looking for or doing to resolve this issue?

The wierd thing is is that utorrent sees the seeds and peers. It tries to start downloading but the speed starts around 2k and counts down until it reaches zero.

Here's what I've tried so far:

- removed my router and connected directly to the cable modem

- contacted my ISP to see if bittorrent was being filtered or if they had done anything to my account

- restored my system to a state 3 weeks ago when everything was working fine

- disabled my software firewall

- installed a second copy of Windows on my machine with all updates. No other softwre installed. Only utorrent. Tried with Windows firewall turned on then off. Same problem

None of the above has resolved my situation. utorrent still shows the yellow triangle icon that informs me that there are no incomming connections.

I am having the same problem, and it just happened within the last couple of days. The port checker says "Error! Port 15640 does not appear to be open." and the icon at the bottom of utorrent is yellow even though the utorrent logger says UPnP: Port ... is already mapped. Not re-mapping.

The port checker returns that the port is not open. The port is properly forwarded on my Linksys 54gs router. I also have the port open for incomming messages for both TCP/UDP in my software firewall (Trend PP-Cillin 2006). I have also tried this with the software firewall disabled.

I tried to download a couple of files last night. One file did download (800 MB), the other file did not. I also tried to download a file today. It partially downloaded before I rebooted the system. When I tried to resume the download nothing happens. Utorrent just sits there with the yellow triangle and the mouse over tells me that there ar no incomming connections.

If I had to guess, I'd say your antivirus/antispyware software is still improperly filtering incoming traffic.

Try doing GOOGLE searches and searches here for problems related to it.

Another thing is sometimes computers inexplicably change their LAN ip address (in the 192.168.x.x range).

...and then all the port-forwarding values point to an ip that's not in use.

Archived