upload choking download?

leonard hatred

I've got a rubbish connection to the internet.

Setting my uTorrent upload speed to 'unlimited' seems to ensure i'm pumping out enough data to keep my share ratio above 1:1 and in turn keep my d/l speed at a decent level, but at times the unthrottled u/l speed appears to be consuming ~75% of my total bandwidth.

Is this being profiled against the available d/l speed, and it just happens that i can't get data any faster, or does the client prioritise uploads?

Is it possible to tie my upload throttle to a 1:1.2 (or whatever) up->download ratio so it automatically scales with a volatile torrent?

i only found uTorrent the other day and i've been really impressed with it. Does everything that java thingy but without the painfully slow client. Keep up the good work!

First thing, you should run the Speed Guide (control-G) in µTorrent to tailor µTorrent's settings for your connection.

The Setup Guide outlines further details. If you max any 1 pipe of your connection, the other one is going to be affected. The best configuration is limiting your upload speed to 80% of your tested upload speed.

Archived