Make uTorrent use specific connection

MageMinds

Hi,

I got filtered by my ISP with nothing to do to bypass it, but to subscribe to a VPN access on the Internet, it's working, but I have to make all my Internet trafic to got through the VPN, while I only want uTorrent to use that connection.

Is there a way that I can force uTorrent to use that connection instead of the default route ?

The way I had to configure the VPN connection was to check the checkbox to tunnel everything through, if I uncheck that checkbox, obviously uTorrent use my regular route, through my ISP wich throttle BitTorrent...

If someone could say me that something exists, that I could pout uTorrent under a sub thread that will be using that connection that would be great. Mabye in near future release developpers could implement that option.

MageMinds

Do VPN's show up in your Network Connections Control Panel? If it does, go to its properties and set its interface metric inside TCP/IP properties to manual at like 3 or something. That way, it'll bypass the automatic metric of 10 that Windows gives your other interfaces.

That connection got a METRIC of 1 when looking at ROUTE PRINT output, but if I could change it from the Network Connections, I don't think I can, I didn't see that option, how this could help me getting only uTorrent using that gateway and not other programs ? The ROUTE PRINT show default gateway the one of the VPN connection ...

Yeah, I could setup persistent route to the tracker, so when I will connect to the tracker it will go over the VPN announce my VPN IP address too and peers will come back through the VPN ... But there will be a problem with outgoing connections ... I was looking in a little apps that would launch uTorrent and then all trafic would be handled by the little app that will force the use of the VPN connection ...

MageMinds

Archived