Upload rate affecting the download rate

LadyThriller

I had unlimited on both and the upload was high but the download rate was low so i changed the upload rate from unlimited to 25 and then the download rate got to my highest.

I thought the upload rate didn't affect the download rate and also in the guide it said that go to global maxium upload rate or something and change it 80-90% to the download rate so it doesn't affect it.

I really didn;t get that, so after that the uplaod rate does affect the download rate afterall right?

and what's the way to keep the upload rate not affecting the download rate?

Eh? I specifically told you to stick to the Speed Guide's settings in that whole 3-page thread, and you're playing around with it again? Of course it affects download rates, that's why we always say to limit in the first place, and that's why the Speed Guide limits it as well.

You don't have an 'unlimited' upload connection, so you get huge overloads when you try to set it as such.

What this means is usually upload speed is only about 50-80% real max and download is somewhere near 0.

Set upload speed max to only 50-80% max and download speed should at least be able to reach 50% max on very well-seeded torrents.

Archived