uTorrent 1.6 (Build 474) Crashing

zemtex

First it crashes, then it shuts down and gives me a message that uTorrent has crashed. This crashing happens everytime it relaunches as well. Usually the program runs fine for 5 minutes then it crashes. I can't get this thing going for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Sorry, i didnt remember what the error message was, so i had to wait for it to crash again to get it, and now i have it. First it gives me this dialog windows saying "uTorrent has crashed. Unable to generate crash dump"

And when i click ok then another dialog window pops up saying this:

======================================================================

"Instruksjonen i 0x678950ff" refererte til adresse "0x678cf000". Minnet kunne ikke være "written".

Klikk OK for å avslutte programmet.

Klikk Avbryt for å feilsøke programmet.

In english, it will be something like this:

The instruction in 0x678950ff was referring to adress 0x678cf000. Memory could not be written.

Click OK to quit the program

Click Cancel to continue

Windows XP Professional

Service Pack 2

Version 5.1.2600

No, no incompatible software it appears. This problem is reproductive and it happens at a fixed pace. I don't have to do anything to reproduce the problem other than to just launch the program and it will work for 5 minutes and then crash again.

EDIT: Thought i might add. This problem started today, and i have had uTorrent installed for some time. It started right after i added about 8 torrents to it. And i did change an option, i changed the "Show speedlimit in statusbar" to On (checked it). AND, as funny as it is, i have never had skins in my uTorrent client before, and i added my first one today, JUST before this problem occured. Maybe there is a skin-bug here or? Thats your job to find out, i can only say what i have done. I can't think of anything else i have been doing, but if i remember, i will edit this post or write it in a new reply.

EDIT2: Oh, this one might be important. My default download folder is placed on a Fat32 Partition, maybe there is a problem related to this.

The problem is temporarily solved. I deleted the toolbar.bmp (My first skin) from the "%appdata%\uTorrent" folder and it doesnt crash anymore. It is obviously something about the skins that makes it crash. Ill check how long it can stay stable now, i'll report back with an update.

EDIT: The problem is permanently solved. It hasnt crashed in 20 minutes at least and some of my files are already finished downloading, this is fun again hehe. No more skinning until the next version of uTorrent arrives. Or maybe the bmp file was kind of corrupt and the handler lacks error handling on corrupt bmp's. I dunno, whatever it is, i hope it is fixed in the next version.

I have the same problem.When i start a download after some minutes or even seconds crashes saying "uTorrent has crashed. Unable to generate crash dump".I have no skins or languages files.My router is fritzbox which had some problems with the old versions of uTorrent but i thought that uTorrent 1.6 (Build 474)

fixed it.

Also i hve zonealarm pro 6.0.631.3 but i'm closing it when i start uTorrent 1.6 and Norton Systemworks 2005

Archived