port not forwarding

celtnut

Hi I'm consistantly keep getting port forwarding error when checking my port forwarding, I'm not the brightest on pcs, i'm still downloading but keep getting the red apostrophe mark, I've tried about ten or eleven diff random ports to no avail, have read FAQ so many times to equally more bafflement that I just want to put my fist right through my screen. Is there anyway I can find out my port, in the connection box there is a port which is not highlighted called 8080 I don't know if this is my default port. I'm really dumb at this is there an idiots guide that dosen't use numbers or technical terms and just explains in plain John Steinbeck english.

Merged double post(s):

Hi Niall here, I have tried about 40 different random ports and I'm getting the same message 'error port.... dosen't seem to be open', I have went onto the port forwarding site but that asks me for a username and password when I try to click on the options, yet its supposed to help you, it never asked me to register in first place. Anyway what do I do how do I make the red icon go off and get the green tick back, please help or else aswell as my ailing download I'll be stuck on FAQs and adding comments forever, please help.

EDIT by silverfire: The edit function exists for a reason. Double posting instead of editing is negligent and unnecessary.

Hi is there anybody out there than can help, I don't have a static ip address, I was on the forum earlier, about port forwarding problems, I have been downloading for more than two and a half days now and this is with two seeders and I'm only at 57.2%. It probably dosen't help than I'm in Ireland and that Eircom is my only server, i get 54.0Mbps. the router is shared between me and 3 others and its called Netopia, the only other info I can give you is I'm downloading through a Toshiba Equium L20 laptop, thats about as much info that I can give at the moment until I learn more anyways, the original querie was of course 'Port Not Forwarding'.

Archived