"Unable to save the resume file..." error not solved by creating file.

Lola

I've gotten the "Unable to save the resume file. Some data may be lost. Another program may have the file open, or the disk is full. Please correct this and click Retry. If you press Cancel, the resume file will not be saved." error a few times in the past, but all day today, it has been acting up and appearing a lot more than usual. I tried the suggestion in the FAQ to create settings.dat and resume.dat in the uT install folder, which ended up ruining things for me because I had to reset all my settings and RSS information. But that would have been fine if it had solved the problem. The error is appearing now practically every 5-10 minutes, and I don't know what's causing it. I have both a resume.dat and a resume.old.dat file in the uT folder.

I am currently also running ReGet Deluxe for DLing other files, and I noticed that when ReGet freezes, uT goes crazy with the "Unable to save the resume file" error, which starts appearing every few seconds. I've been using both programs for months, though, and have never had any sense that they might be incompatible till now.

Reading up on other threads, I see that people have had issues between uT and Google Desktop Search. I myself have Copernic Desktop Search installed, but it is not set to search the uT folder, and it is disabled by default. I haven't been using it when I've gotten these errors.

I'm using uTorrent 1.6 (Build 474) on Windows XP SP2. The partition of the HD containing the uT install folder has ~3GB of space left, so that the disk might be full is not an issue.

Any help out there? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Should I maybe just try to move the resume.dat and resume.dat.old from app data to the exe folder since those are the files acting up? Or should I move absolutely everything?

And... when uT gives that error message, would you know if it's saying that resume.dat can't be saved to the app data folder or to the uT executable folder?

All right. So just to make absolutely sure, I should move everything from app data/uT to Program Files/uT? And nothing will be left in app data/uT now, right?

Should I expect uT to write new files in app data, or will they stay in Program Files permanently?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. After reading the FAQ, I delete the old resume and settings and create new ones and.....everything dissapeared!!

Although I have the files, I do not have any d/l or u/l?

So, I went and copied the old files (after renaming) and....nothing...

Can you help me recreating my d/l and u/l list?

People are screaming because they were d/l from me...but...I am not connectable...

thanks

Archived