Network symbol never turns green!

Ningyo

I have a 2wire 1709GH router/modem and I have port forwarded and created that fake static IP and almost lost my internet once, and turned off my mcfee firewall as well as when it's on added it system services and allowed it full access to the internet. I am still baffled by my speeds. I configured the preference settings on utorrent and the port test still gives me an error report. I am also concerned about the method of calcutation in which will offer me the best speeds for my modem. I would really like someone's help on this one.

Use µTorrent's own Speed Guide (CTRL+G) to decide what is likely best for your connection.

Your LAN ip should be static, not your internet (WAN) ip. LAN ips are 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, or 172.16-31.x.x

Lots of half-open connections aren't very good, despite what some torrent websites suggest. If you're having problems, they'll likely make the problems worse rather than better due to overloads.

You'll need to ask others about your specific firewalled conditions (probably more than 1 reason why you're firewalled), as I neither have a 2wire 1709GH router/modem nor use mcfee firewall.

Is the Windows XP firewall also enabled?

Archived