Westell Router and Utorrent?

Greenleaf

Hi!

Recently I've been having some trouble with my Westell router and Utorrent. I decided to finally "port forward" today as I hear tell it helps with speed issues. Well, I believe I followed the portforrward.com instructions to the letter. I'm using a Westell model 327w. After going into the settings and creating a device for use with port ranges 50000-50020, then setting up Utorrent to accept range 50000. I noticed no speed increases, in fact one of the torrents I'm currently downloading lost its seed and hasn't moved from 81%.

I also tried the ranges of 6881 to 6999 with no go, and I even decided to download a seed with about 75 seeders, my download speed was at about 6.7KB/s max! Firewall is off and the windows firewall is off. I set NAT to my machines local IP address, and thats after I had these problems. To no avail it did absolutely nothing. I'm getting a little yellow icon in Utorrent saying I have no incoming connections, however I'm still downloading at about .5 - 6.7KB/s average.

I admit, I'm a complete newb when it comes to this stuff. so any detailed advice on what to do would be great. Also, I've disabled and enabled UPnP about a gazzilon times now both in the router and Utorrent. Some times I get a noticeable boost (6.7KB/s) and other times all my seeds go bye-bye and the torrent just sits there. Speed test from within Utorrent says I'm getting decent speeds (For a Verizon customer mind you) and when I test port ranges, 10 times out of 10 it says it could not open the port up.

My logger is also filled with "Unable to map UPnP port" errors. I'm at a total loss here, any help would be great!

Ok, I did as you said.

Currently my router does not have UPnP enabled in either the router nor Utorrent. I've forwarded port 27173 after I got that number through the randomized method in Utorrent. I've set my upload speed to 640k and I've seem to have followed everything in the guide.

Currently my download speed is nothing and I have a red icon.

Ultima - You mean "NAT" right? You enabled it to your local machine through your local IP address right? Cause I did do that.

Switeck - Verizon DSL, damn thing sucks. Although its not a problem for me at this moment, in the past I have gotten pings of 2500... Called Verizon support and they said everythings A-ok :(

Archived