Connection Drop Problem (D-Link DSL-904)

sabian

Im running a D-Link DSL-904 - the problem i have (and have experienced with Azureus) is that as soon as i start using the client and downloading within a few minutes (of varied length) my connection just drops, the download speed stops and i can't load web pages. I have to disconnect from my wireless router and then reconnect again... once done internet is restored.

Is this a problem setting with the router, something to do with NAT or something... or is there a setting in uTorrent ie number of connect that is causing my wireless connection to drop.

By the looks of it my internet connection doesnt become disconnected its a problem relating to wireless settings (me thinks).

Suggestions?

The problem seems to be partly resolved by the Patched TCPIP.SYS file - and ive changed the connections from the standard 10 for xp to 50... however the connection does drop, although no where near as much. What is a recommend number? 100? 500? 1000? More than 1000? What problems can occur due to having a too higher number?

It's not really a question about what happens if the limit is set too high, it's a question of what you really need it for. Increasing the half open limit beyond 100, or even 50, is pointless for most people, and if an application uses that many without being configurable, then that application probably needs to be rewritten. Additionally, if you network hardware can't support too many, then it might conk out on you. Just leave it as you have it -- as long as it remains fine, then the setting should not need to be changed.

Archived