someone please help me

donpost109

i just got utorrent yesterday. yesterday, i had the red triangle and was downloading around 15-20 kb/s per torrent, which i thought was fine. today, i got the yellow triangle and i didnt change a thing and now im downloading 0 kb/s. can someone help me please? i wouldnt mind just getting back to where i was yesterday instead of doing all that port business (what a pain in the butt!). thank you.

Yeah you can connect directly to your router..All you need to do is take the wire that connects directly to the modem...Since the wires have 2 ends...1 connects to the modem the other to the pc..Try taking the end that connects to the pc and plug it into your laptop..If it doens;t work you need to do port forward etc...Most probably someone else changed the password for the modem home page

ultima, i read your post. the website that shows how to forward ports said that typing admin for username and password for password would work but it didnt. i didnt set up the router so i wouldnt know what the password would be if it has been changed. and to let you guys know, i went back to the red circle and am now downloading at a decent speed again. i didnt even touch anything, the same way it randomly went to yellow it went back to red. im so confused.

The yellow circle doesn't stay on for long...Normally another case would be your router/modem's firewall...Main thing is you need to get access into your modem homepage in order to do portforward and turn off the firewall..Worst come to worst call up your ISP and say you forgot your username and password...I think they'll give you a new password i guess...

Archived