Dumb Newbie/Tracking URL's

JoeLansing

I've got some new stuff I'd like to publish/seed for a while. I've read enough on how to make the torrent, that was easy. Is there a good list of tracker URL's I can use so that I can put 3-4 good ones in it? Or with DHT? DHL? THC? I won't need to worry about it?

It's just that if I put some new huge thing out there I want to get it seeded well & fast so I don't have to keep it up forever?

This is my first day with torrents, and I already learned a lot and switched to uTorrent so I'm off to a good start..:) - Joe http://www.gwapo.org/fun

So when you make a torrent, this field that says "Trackers" has to be filled out first right? But you don't know what the tracker URL is till you upload it to the tracker? Then why is it even there?

I go to sites like isohunt, torrentz, piratebay, and there isn't anything I see right away that tells me what their URL is to add to the new torrent I'm trying to make. I'm feeling that the answer is gonna make me feel really dumb, but there is a field called "Trackers" to fill out, and even googling for help on filling it out isn't much help...:) - Joe

Thank you, is there a list of them anyplace? or if I put my glasses on will I see them on all the homepages like TPB? If I just use that one, will other good ones propagate into the URL list on my torrent? And I really do mean thanks a lot. This is a start.. I knew I was dumb, just not sure how.. - Joe

Archived