uTorrent slows web

jomasecu

I know there have been topics about this, but I've tried everything I could find here with no success.

I've got a WRT54G v5 w/ the latest firmware. XP SP2 w/ tcpip.sys patch. Went to dslreports.com and ran speed tests. Speed without uTorrent: 2681 / 294. Speed with: 230 / 23.

Soo... any other suggestions?

I started at the 2meg defaults from the speed guide and dialed it down all the way to the 28.8k settings with no results. Dialed down the max connections and the half open connections. Disabled DHT. Had UPnP disabled from the start, tried enabling it for the hell of it, no result. Disabled IP resolving. Tried it with Windows Firewall off... I think that's everything.

i got this problem too

whenever i run Utorrent

sometime it slow down the web or sometime it totally DC my web and sometime ITS TOTALLY DC all internet like i cant connect to tracker but Peer and seedling is still going on strange? i have to restart my whole modem + router to recover back the web and the tracker ??!

Ultima - I've done everything suggested in your first link except connecting directly to the modem, which would mean either lugging the computer downstairs or running a cat5 out the window. I plan to do the latter... hopefully tomorrow. Haven't had a chance during the daytime this weekend.

jmmtn4aj - I have set my max upload all the way down to 1kb/s, but I think you're looking at the speed test I did while running uT. The one without it was just before.

Run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) again, and use the xx/256k setting -- which is the closest one to your UPLOAD speed of 294 kilobits/sec.

Leave UPnP, DHT, and resolve ips disabled.

If that doesn't help, manually enter these settings:

upload speed: 20 KB/sec

upload slots: 3

GLOBAL connections: 60

connections per torrent: 40

max active torrents: 2

max downloading torrents: 1

If none of that worked, what's the highest sustainable UPLOAD speed you've seen in µTorrent?

Archived