Queued column (need explanation)

z9999

I viewed the FAQ and could not find, or perhaps I missed the explanation of the information that is being provided in the queued column.

Currently I have been seeding a torrent of my own creation and thought the queued column woul indicate the piece number progress made using "initial seeding." I then noticed that the same numbers appeared frequently, 4, 10, 16397, and 16407. The number of pieces in my torrent are 1074 so I assume the numbers in the queued column do not represent the piece being distributed to the peer and this leaves me wondering just what the numbers represent and can I make use of this information in some way?

If you can explain, or lead me to where I might find a clear explanation I would be greatful. Thank you.

Ok, I think I understand much better now.

Sorry for so many questions, but this may be an indication to those who complain of uTorrent having few features compared to other clients. I find that there are more features than I understand well enough to obtain use from them and as I learn I find I am able to make better use of the features that are provided. Just a refererence to a previous question containing %appdata% in your reply. I had difficulty understanding the answer as I did not know what %appdata% was, and found that from a command prompt, or DOS window as I incorrectly refer to it most often, you can type: echo %appdata%, to be shown the location it refers to. I'm often shy of using a run command to do something not know what to expect as a result, but feel confident running an echo command knowing it will only display some information. So thank you very much for you willingness to answer questions and I will try to keep them to a minimum referring to the FAQ often, and asking only when I can't find an answer or don't quite understand the answer. Currently I am searching for a clear description of all the information provided in the different columns on the GUI, trying to see how I can best use the information provided. Other than that uTorrent is running very well and most problems are just related to the quality of my connection, or that of the seeds/peers I am able to connect to.

My help manual describes every interface widget in µTorrent, including columns. Problem is, it's still being proofread at the moment (sorta, I'm still not sure I'm ready to release it until Firon or someone deeply in-the-know about most things µTorrent actually gets the time to read it for accuracy).

I will have to keep an eye out for that once it does become available, and maybe it will become the source of information I have been looking for which will explain all my questions. If not I may have to send you some new questions. The good thing being, if I don't have questions, you probably won't get many from others as I think I ask an enormous number of them.

Thanks for making me aware of your undertaking.

Archived