Problem with utorrent 1.6

agnos

Wonder if anyone is facing similar problem. I upgraded utorrent 1.5 to 1.6 and suddenly I lost the little green sign at the bottom of utorrent and my torrent doesnt download.

However under the General Tab - Status - activities is showing tracker status being updated etc... i can leave the utorrent 1.6 on the whole nite and it will never download.

I reverted to 1.5 - download the same torrent and lo! it works! it downloads! i can see the beautiful green indicator at the bottom...

I am using XP Pro with all the latest updates. I have check the firewall (afterall 1.5 works) and have of course check the port forwading... no clue what's happening....

Would appreciate some advice from veterans or the administrator?

tks

tks for the reply firon.

I am using Win XP firewall and have removed and reinstall utorrent in the exception list. i have tried having 3 utorrent client running from different folders which effectively create 3 utorrent in the exception list and it dont work too..

i have tried using the standalone and the installer version of 1.6 - still no good.. could it be a bug? no one else is facing this problem?

Archived