downloading from peers from the same country only

hellrose

I'm from Malaysia and i know my isp(TMNET) throttles bittorrent traffic. But i have PE on and this problem has only started recently. I've searched through the forums and read the guides, but nothing seems to be working. This is really annoying cause i could download files easily using torrents just last saturday. Any ideas what's going wrong?

Thanks!

Your ISP may literally NOT have much bandwidth or allow many connections outside your country. You can't fix such a severe remote physical problem with just internal settings changes in µTorrent.

Enabling Peer Exchange may at least increase the odds of finding the few ips within your country that you CAN download/upload with. But if they're like you...none of them will be able to download much/any from outside either.

Certain kinds of proxy servers may allow you to bypass part of these problems, but most proxy servers are so limited in bandwidth that you may only get 5-20 KB/sec through them...and BitTorrent puts a HUGE strain on them unless using extremely restricted settings in µTorrent.

• 3 months later...

Archived