Great initial speeds but slows down dramatically

rslib

Hi, I'm new to the utorrent thing and am very impressed with it with one exception.

After I start downloading a file, say a movie, it will reach about 1.1 MB/sec, which is great. Then, for no reason at all, it will suddenly drop to say 50 KB/sec and hover around there for the remainder.

Some files download straight through at 1.1 MB/sec but others only download, say, 50% at top speed then suddenly drop to a much slower speed.

Is there any fix for this problem or is it just what happens??

Thanks for any feedback,

Joel

It may have something to do with your connection, it may be because of the settings in µTorrent you're using, you may be firewalled, your ISP may be doing it as a bandwidth-saving (to them!) feature, or you may have something on your computer interfering with your speeds.

Lastly, it could be normal...not everyone can upload at 1+ MB/sec speeds! So almost everyone combined that you're connected to on a torrent uploads to you at first. Then they return to uploading to others, perhaps because you have not returned the favor to them. So speeds drop, alot.

We need more information to even know which way to point you.

thanks for the reply, it downloads at 1+MB/s, not uploads :) I have been uploading all of my files all night to others, says i've uploaded 3GB total. Up speed is 100KB/sec and whenever i'm downloading something, im seeding all of my files.

I was just hoping someone has had a similar problem to mine. When I get some more info i'll post it up.

Thanks again,

Joel

Archived