Another "download speeds are too slow topic"

random897

I'm sorry to say that I was unable to find a solution by browsing the forums and I apologize for adding to this collection of thousands of topics.

At the moment, uTorrent is working flawlessly, apart from the download speeds. Port forwarding as been done correctly (although when tested, it come up a couple of times that the port was not properly forwarded), my firewall has been configured to allow for uTorrent's incoming and outgoing connections, and downloads are going at a steady 5-6 kb/s. But no higher than that. Combined, it always reaches around 6KB/s then refuses to go any higher. There has been no set download limit, so I don't understand why this is happening. Anyone else experienced this same problem? If so, is there any solution?

Thanks for any help provided.

Your computer is VERY vunlernable to infection from worms and viruses from the internet while in DMZ mode...unless you have a VERY good software firewall.

A single port forward is only a tiny window through your router...and on a port that only µTorrent would be using, DMZ lets EVERYTHING through!

Archived