uploading great but unable to download

notoka

My download speed will not move past 1.9k and gets stuck at .2k most of the time. Worked fine a couple of days ago. Didn't do anything different lately. My settings are not set to limited. I'm able to upload a full speed, I have over 200 leechers and a few files qued for download. My port is fowarded. Any ideas?

Thanks

Have you tried reducing upload speed max to 50-80% of your connection's rated max upload speed?

Are you using Protocol Encryption to bypass some ISP throttling attempts?

Who is your ISP?

Please list the Speed Guide (CTRL+G) settings you're using as well as any advanced settings you've changed.

Have you tried reducing upload speed max to 50-80% of your connection's rated max upload speed?Yes

Are you using Protocol Encryption to bypass some ISP throttling attempts?Proctocol encryption outgoing is enabled and allow incoming legacy connection is checked

Who is your ISP?comcast

Please list the Speed Guide (CTRL+G) settings you're using as well as any advanced settings you've changed.

Upload limit 5kbs upload slots 4 connection per torrent 80 connections global 230 max active torrent 3 max active downloads 3

hope this helps

I am on Comcast as well with little to no problems.

My settings are similar to the xx/384k Speed Guide (CTRL+G) setting, though I am allowing fewer total connections and far fewer connections per torrent and my upload speed is slightly higher.

Your settings combination is almost hostile towards others on the same torrents.

Upload limit 5kbs <- this is the main problem, it is MUCH too low for your other settings!

upload slots 4 <- needs to be lower if you're going to run more than 1-2 torrents at once with such low upload speed

connection per torrent 80

connections global 230 <- may be a bit much for your hardware/software

max active torrent 3

max active downloads 3 <-probably best if this is lower than max active torrents, so you actually seed while still downloading.

What's the half-open connection limit set to?

net.max_halfopen = 8 should be ok.

Do you have a D-Link router or modem?

Are you using a motherboard with an Nforce chipset (presumeably part of its firewall drivers active)?

Are you running a software firewall such as Zone Alarm?

What antivirus software are you running?

Archived