Utorrent 1.6 suddenly not downloading at previous speeds 35-200 kbps

pacific13

I am running utorrent 1.6 and have suddenly received a massive drop in speeds to .5 - 1.0 kbps. Dell 5150 ,1G ram dual core pentium D ,Thompson speedtouch ADSL modem and Mcafee Security centre. I stopped and restarted utorrent 1.6 and speeds were nonexistant. Port forwarding checks out OK. Tried new torrent with same results checked access level in mcafee and it seems to have hung up giving program not responding message. Restarted computer no change. Ran maxsecure registry cleaner no change, virus scan also no change. I have been running utorrent15 hrs aday for months and this is the first problem i've experienced. Are there any suggestions for new user.Thanks.

Try the torrent in my sig. If that torrent doesn't give you good speeds, then post again saying so.

Additionally, the title says 'Utorrent 1.6', but later you say 'utorrent15.' Can you please state which version you're running truthfully? It'll help us determine what's going on.

Last but not least, "registry cleaners" are a joke. You're better off keeping your registry clean to start with than rely on some other programmer's knowledge about the Windows Registry to delete what the program deems to be unnecessary.

I'm truthfully running utorrent 1.6, I can't type. That's utorrent 15 hrs each day.I've come to believe this about reg cleaners and recovered entries. I read the faq 5 times.I read the rules again. The suggested torrent is running at avg speed of 0.3 kbps (max 2.2)( Seeds 60 of 105 peers 20 of 644 DHT262 nodes connection 2.2 Mbps) Is this the expected result. Is it likely the Mcafee security centre is corupt? Trying to contact them but they refuse to acknowledge my copy . (Thats what happens when you pay for things.) Please what's my sig. Thanks for reply. I am not trying to waste time just confused.

Archived