Question regarding seeding???????????

msmelle

Hi everyone. My question today is about seeding. I'm fairly new to Utorrent and enjoy it very much so far. I've downloaded and seeded as I can see. But I wasn't doing things properly so I was downloading way more than I was seeding. I'm not just seeding to get my average up and to give back to the community what it gave to me.

My question is that lets say I have 6-7 things seeding at the same time. One might be .0503 ratio while another one which has many downloading might have a ratio of 4.241 lets say. Which means that the 4.241 has been seeded many times to get to that point. Does this count to put my average up or does it only count if each file is seeded just one and past one time doesn't increase my ratio? Making sense here? I know this is probably a dumb question but I'd like to be sure. Thank you kindly for your replies.

Msmelle :):):)

Thank you Ultima. You mean that if I download a 300 mg file and upload it lets say 5 times, that would make my ratio go up to 100 for that file only but not more? My ratio now is 86 since yesterday. It was 78 the other day so I was able to raise it more. I would like to get it way higher but I'm not too familiar with that. So my ratio will stay low even if I upload a 300 mg file 15 times lets say?. Each file I have downloaded must be uploaded once if I want to keep my average up? And even if I upload the same file many times, it won't increase my ratio? Is this it? Thank you for your response. Melle

[MERGE]

Help please if you would please answer my last question. Thank you kindly. msmelle :)

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm saying that the ratio for each torrent job is independent of the ratio for any other torrent job. Your total ratio, on the other hand is the ratio of the TOTAL amount of data you uploaded to the TOTAL amount of data you downloaded for all torrents you downloaded, and that does get affected by how much you share back.

There are multiple ways to approach this.

General torrent concept:

You should upload pretty much every single torrent to >1.0 if possible.

Membership of torrent communities:

Certain torrent communities keep track of your ratio. This only involves torrents you run on their tracker(s). On these kinda torrents its usually not necessary to get every torrent to >1.0 They are content of your weighted average ratio (the one displayed on their site when you login) is higher then 1.0

To calculate this they don't look at the ratio of each separate torrent but they just look at how much MB you've downloaded and how much MB you've uploaded. So if a 500mb file is seeded to only 0.5 (Dl: 500, Ul: 250) you will have to seed a 100MB file to 3.5 (Dl:100mb, Ul: 350) to compensate (Total Dl: 600, Ul: 600 = Ratio 1.0).

This only counts for torrents of that site. And often sites employ different rules.

Archived