newbie speed questions

bond672

Good day to all,

i am on a wireless network and my connection speed to the internet is 54 Mbps. when i look at the speed settings in the utorrent options, i dont see it. so what i did was set the download speed to 100, and the upload to 30, does that sound ok? i am trying to download some files but they are so slow, only 0.4 sometimes. is this normal?

if you want any other setting details i will give them, thanks in advance

regards

bond

hi Ultima, my connection is to a phone line plugged in router/modem which is using a broadband connection, then my pc connects to that with a wireless modem.

i did run the speed test, i just ran it again but the numbers are crazy! it says download speed of 204Kbps and an upload speed of 366 kbps. so are these the figures i need to change my download speeds to?

regards and much confused

bond

erm, ok, i have done as you very kindly suggested and...slower than a snail with a broken leg! im sure not because of anything you suggested by the way!

i am using TMnet, and it is in your list as a 'throttler' but its broadband and downloading at 56k speeds or worse, with a torrent from a very recognized supplier, and with 16 seeds, 11 connected, 39 peers with 27 connecetd its downloading at 0.1 !!! crazy!

any ideas?

much appreciated as always

bond

Archived