Help

yue.chikara

Hi people.

I have a problem with utorrent...I live in a country where an "anti-filter" or proxy is always needed so I got a software and used it...It changed all of my ports and things and now my utorrent doesn't work...so I have deleted all files of that software but still utorrent didn't budge

and is telling me: " Unable to map UPnP port "

So I uninstalled utorrent and reinstalled it but it hasn't done anygood and is still telling me the sam thing

Can you guys help me?

I'm seriously confused

Thanks,

Yashar

if you have a router in your home and if you have porwarded a port there manually you don't need UPnP then. JUst uncheck the box in µT for it's use

And if you have a router but have not yet forwarded a port by hand make sure you enabled UpnP also in the router so µT can comunicate with the router via UPnP then.

The message itself is NOT bad if you have done the forward thingy by hand

http://www.portforward.com/help/portforwarding.htm

or for confused guys

http://www.portforward.com/help/pfprogression.htm

what do you expect?

When you use a "anti-filter" software (what ever that might be?) and this thing change settings with regards to IP adresses and connections and forwarding settings, it's normal that you have problems to get a real internet connection with your µT anymore.

We don't know what this software has changed.

So you might want to ask those you got this settings changing software provider what the software does that you have no real internet anymore.

Or simply reset you system back to the point before that changes where made with your last regular system backup. (you do make regular systembackups before installing strange "anti-filter"-software for example, don't you?)

That's one of the problems it didn't make a system restore point and I said that everything else turned out normal I deleted everything that I could find and cleared the ip and port and proxy thingies that I was suppose to enter in the internet connection area but I have done nothing to Utorrent itself

Don't attack me I'm just a 16-year-old Iranian boy who is disturbed because the government blocked any access to www.imdb.com !

I have no intention to attack you personly or your country! I'm not Mr. Bush ;-)

So if you use a proxy now, you must use the proxy settings also for µT.

But note if you use now this proxy for your internet surfing it ccould be and is very likely that this proxy does not allow Bittorrent traffic.

Nothing you can do then.

That's why I deleted it...I prefered downloading

And I deleted the proxy settings which I entered in utorrent

I think I made a mistake when I first wrote the subject I think the problem started when I deleted the proxy software

Do you think utorrent may be back to usual if I reinstalled the proxy software? [but why didn't utorrent come back to normal when I uninstalled and then reinstalled it?]

I know I'm being a pain in the .... but I'm really helpless without utorrent

Thanks for your time though

"Do you think utorrent may be back to usual if I reinstalled the proxy software? [but why didn't utorrent come back to normal when I uninstalled and then reinstalled it?]"

I don't know at all!

If I were you, having some "anti-filter"software that messed with things I have no clue about I would just kill the C drive with the system installation (you have all the valuable stuff on a second partition [even better second physical drive], haven't you?!).

Install the operating system freshly, make C drive images (acronis true image for example as an easy to operate software) when ever you about to install something with "messing around"-potential and let this event be a warning reminder for you in the future to be a bit more cautious what to install and what not if you don't know what the software is doing so you are unable to make it undone in an event like this here.

Archived