WRT54GS speed issue

silvosforever

Okay, I have a brand new WRT54GS, firmware 1.50.6, Hardware version 6.

I've just got it working, all the settings are the factory defaults. And now utorrent is acting slowly, it's still 30 Kilobyte's per second, but my connection is much better than that and it says the router is blocking connections.

Can someone PLEASE tell me EXACTLY the step by step what to do to just get utorrent to work correctly? I don't want to download and run a program that tells me what to do or pay money for anything. I just need ADVICE. Thank you very much!

That is a wireless router. If I connect directly to my DSL box there is no problem, but when I use the wireless connection THROUGH THE ROUTER the speed suffers. utorrent says "not connectable, a firewall/router is limiting your network traffic, you need to open up a port so others can connect to you."

The problem is within the router configuration. It's my router and I can change those settings, but I don't know what to do, I've heard people mention port forwarding that I don't know how to do.

I've also heard this was a common issue so why is it so hard to get a solution?

"I've also heard this was a common issue so why is it so hard to get a solution?"

Because people often tent to not want to learn a bit about how this solution works.

Its relatively easy when the people would show a bit interest in it and would wanted to learn by simply reading some guides like http://www.portforward.com/help/pfprogression.htm

Archived