How do I solve this, it appears on my KasperSky Anti-Virus.

Bryan

12/23/2006 1:32:17 AM The application C:\Program Files\uTorrent\utorrent.exe cannot establish connection with server 213.191.111.1. Please check your internet connection settings. If you have a firewall installed, check that the application avp.exe is allowed internet access.

Maybe times it has appear.

I am very sure I have allowed my Windows Firewall to allow access to avp.exe.

• 1 year later...

Wish someone would address this issue as I've experienced it several times also. It is quite aggravating considering I know the firewall permits Utorrent access and the connection is working. Occasionally I've had to use sourceforge downloads to get nodes working in Utorrent, but lately it's been better behaved. Still I keep a couple of those files around in case they're needed to breathe life into the program. What is going on? I've used Utorrent a long time and this is the first time having problems with it. This is the only program that kicks up such a message or has trouble connecting. Reminds of the slow but sure death of WinMX. Should we be concerned about this?

Well, originally that's what I'd intended to do, but then wondered if it wasn't something that needed looking into first and questioned if it might have something to do with the other problem I've had connecting to nodes.

Instincts say Kaspersky is to blame, but I'd like to find out why and prevent anything that might mess with Utorrent's connectivity. Kaspersky is riding a fine line about now and I may not renew it' subscription if this keeps up. Will see about disabling the message as advised though all the same as I'm tired of seeing it. Thx :^)

Hmmm, true enough. Have instructed Kaspersky not to restrict Utorrent program activity and not to monitor it's network activity hoping that will kill the message, but there is no way to disable that message I could find otherwise. Will wait and see what happens.

LOL! Hear ya there. Heard that program squeal and nearly jumped out of my skin several times. It's found things enough times that I've forgiven it though.

Used to know where that setting is before they upgraded to v.7.0, now can't find a lot of things anymore. C'est La Vie...

UPDATE:

Found those notification settings under 'Appearance' strangely enough (what do notifications have to do with aesthetics? No wonder I couldn't find it).

Hard to figure which is the right one so will uncheck one by one going thru the blue exclamation bubbles under minor notifications. Got to be one of them.

Archived