error when opening download folder

merve0o0

Hi, I did a search but i don't really know what to search for, or if it has anything to do with uTorrent at all.

when i open the folder that uTorrent puts the files that are downloading a error message pops up looking like this Error.jpg

Does this have anything to do with uTorrent or is there something else messing with my pc. its only just started doing it in the last couple of days, and only does it when in thumbnail view. seems to pop a message up every time a thumbnail for a vid appears.

any help on this would be great

ultima, actually i think it is from µT (i think i remember seeing such an message once when i fucked up my µT)

I guess here the problem might be that he has thumbnailview in explorer active while accessing the folder where µT is sill interacting with the files?!

merve0o0

I suggest you disable the videothumbnail preview functions in explorer! (or don't try to preview the files with explorer as long as µT is still handling them!

Start -> Run

regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll

I may very well be wrong, but I still find that highly doubtful, as the dialog looks nothing like how ludde "designs" his dialogs -- look at the button style, and look at the "Ok" text -- ludde would more likely use use "OK" and use a normal button style rather than what's used in the above dialog ;o

A better idea would be to see if there are any processes running that would show that dialog -- some kind of debugging utility of some sort or another?

Archived