Dual monitor issue

kneo

uTorrent is exhibiting a problem that I've seen a few times in other programs. Either there is no 'sanity check' on window screen coordinates or the check is confused by the dual screens.

The result is that uTorrent ends up trying to draw its window at coordinates that are off the screen. You can maximize it to get it full screen, but if you 'restore' it is off screen.

I personally don't use dual screens, but if I'm interpreting this correctly, you're saying that when you turn dual screen on, move µTorrent to the second monitor, then you disable dual screen, µTorrent stays on that second monitor (even while it's disabled), right? I can certainly see this happening, as it's a common oversight =P

I'm having this problem with photoshop.

I was using dual screens, but am not anymore, and I can't use the gradient function since the setting window has not "move" option on the context menu.

However if you want to fix it, just right-click on the µTorrent in the taskbar and select "move".

Does that really work? I remember a long time ago that one of my window's titlebar was moved off the screen so that I couldn't drag it anywhere, but could still see the rest of the window (odd, I know =P). I tried right clicking the taskbar entry, and move, but it immediately moved the mouse to the edge of the screen where the titlebar should have been, but the window didn't follow the mouse.

For that move thing to work, you still have to click on the titlebar before the window actually starts to follow the mouse. If the titlebar can't be reached, the move item in the taskbar is useless.

Archived