NAT problem (Red !)? Portforwarding Win XP firewall?

mr00420

I've been trying to get UTorrent DLing since I switched ISPs (to Plala in Japan) and connection from ADSL to Fiber Optic. I used Utorrent with no problems before this, but now DL at a max of 2kB. I first get a yellow triangle which later changes to a red exclamation mark.

I have uninstalled the security system I had (which was provided from the phone company which set-up my new connection with the ISP "Plala") and am now just using my Win XP firewall. I have checked in "connections" to allow Win XP firewall to NOT block Utorrent, but I still have a NAT error. Do I have to forward the random port that Utorrent picked through my Win XP firewall?

I've even tried disabling the Win XP firewall and connecting to Utorrent, but no dice! I don't have a router or wireless connection. I have a Fiber Optic line converter connected to a modem which is connected to a VoIP phone box. Help Please!!!

I guess I have a DHCP (and I'm not sure if that means I have I don't have a static IP.) connection, but when I highlight my LAN connection I can see in my info. on the lower left corner it lists a IP address and a subnet mask.

My ISP provided me with DNS numbers but no IP or Subnet Mask, etc. numbers. I tried running an ipconfig in the command window, but I didn't get any info. other than my DNS primary and secondary numbers.

I'm now sure my XP firewall should be allowing Utorrent through. My modem is a generic model provided by my telephone company (NTT) here in Japan so there's no documentation, and I can't find anything similar on Portforwarding.com to help me configure it. I'm planning to call my phone company tomorrow to see who makes the modem.

Found out that my ISP has a security of its own that blocks access to sites it deems less respectable. You have to access your account on their webpage and turn off all the things they're blocking to get not only bittorrent working but MSN, etc. as well.

Thanks for the help anyway. I do still have a red "!", but I DLed a popular torrent at 2MB so I guess there's no problem?

I'm not sure if the torrents I'm Dling are slow (one does have 770 seeds and only 61 leechers,) but after I DLed a file at avg. 1.6 MB it hasn't gone above around 400kB.

I still have a red exclamation mark and if I test my port it says it's not open. XP firewall is on but still accepting connections to Utorrent. I have my connection set at xx/20Mbit in the speed guide.

Archived