Problem with Downloading Speed

Xtreme2damax

I did find that some torrents other than the open office torrent do run at 60 - 90 Kilobytes a second, once alot of peers get connected.

However my only problem with frostwire, although speeds are quite well are that there are alot of fake .exe's, programs that you need to look out for, and it lacks of alot of content you can get by using torrent's

With torrents/utorrent, it seems like there are a lot less fake downloads, trojanized or malware infested downloads.

It's a shame with how expensive satellite service is, and with growing trends in technology, they have to impose these ridiculous restrictions, and severely cripple their subscribers connections :(

Hi, i have problem here, before when i download has more seeds and leecher, i could download the whole movie of 700MB in 3hours but after the taiwan earthquake, i could hardly get a 5kbps.

By the way, I live in Philippines, i hope somebody could help me here, it would greatly be appreciated.

Is there a way that the taiwan tragedy affected my downloading?

I believe I've noticed someone mention the tweaking of settings to get a little better speed. Could you please tell us what changes you've made to the modem, router, and uTorrent to get these better speeds. I have Hughesnet too, and at my wits end trying to get speeds better than 0.7 kbs for my downloads. Thanks

It's all in one of the Faqs about tweaking settings. Also if your hughesnet modem uses Turbopage web acceleration proxy, you probably would want to disable it before using utorrent.

You probably still won't get a green light, with it being either yellow or red because of the Hughesnet modems being permanently firewalled or NAT'd

Archived