seeders do not send data

little1973

Hi,

My connection is xx/128kb (1024/128), however I can never get 128KB download or even 100KB. My latest torrent with 1000 seeders and 2000 peers downloaded with an avarage 20KB and I was connected to about 25 seeders and 25 peers. However, the peers tab showed that about 10 connections sent data out of the 50 to me. And only 1 or 2 were seeders out of these 10 connections. The flag column showed 'd' for the remaining seeders.

So, why about 40 connections out of 50 are inactive?

(I have green network status).

I thought about that. But shouldn't this torrent thing work in such a way that if a seeder cannot send data it closes the connection and try to connect to another seeder? After all, there were about 975 other seeders in the swarm. Some of them should have had free upload slots.

Churn is disconnecting and reconnecting with no real gain. It's a bad policy to use as the main means to increase download speeds. The seeds are supposed to cycle through their connected peers with their upload slots and upload to individual ips typically for only 30 seconds to a couple minutes at a time. So maybe eventually they get to you...but if they're connected to 100's of peers and allow only 4-10 upload slots, that means you're downloading from them (if you're one of those 100+ peers) <10% of the time.

Archived