seeds and peers

ak471992

I have a weird problem. basically when i add a torrent to start downloading it doesnt show any peers or seeds in the brackets even though it says there are many seeds and peers downloading as it says so on torrentspy.com. therefore it doesnt start downloading and i dont know what to do.

Thanks

i also have a problem with the trackers on everything that i download it says that it is either an invalid url or proxy connect error: no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. so are both problems linked.

thanks for the reply

Yes, that'd be the correct URL... but STOP multi-posting and bumping your threads -- the rest of us actually have things to do, so aren't here 24/7 to answer all your questions. Just be patient.

Anyway, did you set a proxy up in Preferences > Connection?

sorry.

if you mean "use proxy server for peer to peer connections" i have now checked that box but it doesnt seem to have made a difference the tracker status is still the the same.

Oh wait i just saw the proxy box an i have nothing written in it. is there something i should type in.

Thanks

Nah, don't bother using the proxy -- I was checking to make sure you weren't actually using a proxy. The thing that has me asking is this: "proxy connect error: no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

To be honest, I'm running fairly low on ideas at the moment ;\

The point is that you get no peers at all if you can't connect to a tracker. My answer was to say there is no inherent difference between using one tracker over another (not one tracker over none, in which case -- as I have mentioned -- you won't get anything).

• 1 year later...

Archived