uTorrent taking ALL the bandwith...

TamirMeiri

Ever since my ISP support told me to reset my winsock, all hell broke loose.

Suddenly, when uTorrent works, no matter what web=browser I use, I type an address - press go or Enter, and it immediately says 'done', though it hasn't really loaded anything.

I haven't changed anything in my computer, besides the winsock reset.

I tried capping the number of connections and the upload bandwith - still, no luck.

I tried disabling the DNS Client service - nothing.

Also tried the tutorial that this nice guy puts up - no success, nothing works.

Any ideas what to do?

My Network does the same thing, Old pc's, New pc's, doesnt matter, If I have UTorrent up and running, Doesnt matter the speed, I can pause everything but leave program up,, No other connections can be made, No IE, Firefox, Instant Messengers etc.. Trying to think If I had this problem with the older version of UTorrent

Cable at 6mgs down and 756kbs up

Any reason they told you to reset the Winsock settings...? TBH, it's not something I normally play with (actually, I've never messed with Winsock), so other than reinstalling Windows, I'm not too sure how I might go about fixing a problem like this...

Get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, File > Save, then copy and paste the process list in the .txt file that you save from there.

• 2 weeks later...

So after a long while uTorrent was unusfeul - I switched to BitComet.

It was fine for a few days, and then it also started downloading REALLY slow.

So I re-installed uTorrent with all the previous settings - well, it's not jamming other applications at least, but still running slow.

Any ideas?

Archived